A Cornerstone Employer is a business that is invested in the successful and sustainable delivery of careers education for young people and commits to join a leadership group of local businesses to support the schools, colleges and young people in their area. The Cornerstone Employers work together with their networks and the wider business community to ensure all young people have the opportunities they need to be prepared and inspired for the world of work.
Cornerstone Employers may be large or small businesses, at local or national level, but it is important that they are:
- Experienced in engaging with education and so can lead by example and share their experience with other businesses.
- Dedicated to investing time and resource to benefit schools, colleges and young people.
- Committed to working with other Cornerstone Employers in a Career Hub.
- Willing to galvanise their business networks in the area, to collaboratively meet the needs of schools, colleges and young people.
- Focused on sustainability and act as an ambassador and champion for social mobility.