Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm)
Hourly Rate: £10-£11.50 (£19,500-£22,425 per annum) Salary dependent on experience
Line Manager/Supervision: HR & Compliance Manager/Administration Team Leaders
G M Monk Ltd is an electrical contractors’ firm, based in Eastbourne with a Brighton satellite office. We have been established for over 40 years and offer a range of electrical services to key client groups (local authorities, schools/academies, commercial clients, and individuals) across Sussex and Kent. We currently employ 48 staff to support our operations and offer a friendly and supportive environment in which our staff thrive and feel valued.
Purpose of the role
To provide effective office administration to support the functioning of our busy client focused operations. The role focuses on working effectively within the Administration Team to schedule works for our client base in line with contract specific timeframes and protocols and acting as the first contact for telephone and email enquiries.
Members of the Administration team each have lead areas of responsibility alongside the general administration activity.
- Client groups (Facilities/Helpdesk Teams, Client Officers, Site Managers etc)
- Specialist Sub-Contractors/suppliers
- Contract Managers, engineers, and apprentices within GM Monk
- Administration team at GM Monk
- To organise appointments with clients/sites in a timely and efficient manner, using our work scheduling software system.
- To act as the first point of contact for external enquiries.
- To provide a friendly, professional and customer focused approach to interactions with all clients.
- To utilise appropriate computer software to conduct duties, including CLIK Works Management system, MS Office and client bespoke systems.
- Liaise with key contacts such as sub-contractors and engineers.
- To provide general office administration support, including tasks such as scanning documentation for works/projects, processing invoices and other tasks as appropriate.
- To work with the wider team to improve systems and processes where required.
You will be professional and friendly in your approach to dealing with clients and colleagues and exhibit a positive attitude towards work. You will be a competent user of IT, with an eagerness to learn new software. You will have the ability to be organised and to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
Following criteria are all essential:
- Proficient user of IT (including MS Office and database-based software) and the ability to use new software systems
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Professional approach to work, with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Experience of working as part of a team, supporting colleagues to reach common goals
- Strong communication skills and ability to talk to the client
- Ability to problem solve and use effective decision making when required
Training and Development
Full training will be given in line with the requirements of the role, this will be modular and focus on building competency on our software system and associated administration processes. Additional training opportunities include workplace Health & Safety, client bespoke systems and other CPD identified relevant to the role.
Please supply your CV and cover letter stating why you applied for the role and how your skills, knowledge and experience makes you the ideal candidate.
Send to Kirsty Monk Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2022