With Approved Contractor status with NICEIC, our practices and technical capability to carry out electrical installation work in accordance with the requirements of BS7671 (IET Wiring Regulations) are assessed and monitored.
ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organisation with a membership of 164 national standard bodies.
International Standards make things work. They give world-class specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems)
This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services.
ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management Systems)
This standard specifies the requirements for an environmental management system in an organisation to enhance its environmental performance, fulfill compliance objectives and to achieve environmental objectives.
Checkatrade runs strict background checks on tradespeople before they become members, including references from previous clients. This model ensures that only reliable and trusted tradespeople get work through Checkatrade. They make sure that you can find someone outstanding to get the job done.
This is the Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) and demonstrates compliance with and sound management of current health and safety legislation.
Membership of this body certifies that we have met pre-qualification requirements appropriate to public and private sector procurement. We currently hold ‘Gold’ standard for our accreditation.
Eastbourne Business Awards 2017
GM Monk won the award for Training and Development in the 2017 Eastbourne Business Awards. The nomination focussed around the extensive apprentice training scheme that we have been operating for over 25 years, with over 50 apprentices becoming fully qualified electricians in this time.
Industry Champion 2018
G M Monk were awarded the Industry Champion award from East Sussex County Council in 2018. This recognised our community engagement activities in support of employability skills development in schools across the county.
Industry Champions will:
- Be directly involved with delivering activities for young people in schools
- Have an ability to present their role, experience and knowledge with a positive energy and strong understanding of their industry
- Commit some time to careers and enterprise activities in schools such as giving talks / presentations at school/college events, mentoring young people, attending careers fairs, giving premises tours, offering work experience opportunities
- Work across the County with different schools
A Cornerstone Employer is a business that is invested in the successful and sustainable delivery of careers education for young people and commits to join a leadership group of local businesses to support the schools, colleges and young people in their area. The Cornerstone Employers work together with their networks and the wider business community to ensure all young people have the opportunities they need to be prepared and inspired for the world of work.
Cornerstone Employers may be large or small businesses, at local or national level, but it is important that they are:
- Experienced in engaging with education and so can lead by example and share their experience with other businesses.
- Dedicated to investing time and resource to benefit schools, colleges and young people.
- Committed to working with other Cornerstone Employers in a Career Hub.
- Willing to galvanise their business networks in the area, to collaboratively meet the needs of schools, colleges and young people.
- Focused on sustainability and act as an ambassador and champion for social mobility.